Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guidance on Post Graduation in VLSI from Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh_vlsi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
post graduation in germany

Hi,
I am a VLSI Engineer with a B.TECH(EC) degree.Though i am working now, i am looking to doing post graduation in VLSI.

I am looking for Germany as a prospect. I am looking for information like what kind of education you get there? Is the M.S degree recognised world wide? What is the job scenario for VLSI there? Or can I get a job in India after the P.G?

Looking forward to hear from the group.

Kindly reply...

post graduation courses in germany

Germany is good for higher education go ahead!

vlsi in germany

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. CAn you kindly tell me about the best universities there for VLSI and the job scenario for VLSI. Have you studied from there??

kindly reply

post graduation germany

hi,
Germany is no doubt a good option for Higher Education ,but remember its quite expensive to live there.

As far as universities and colleges are concerned ,just look at following site :

a complete list at
**broken link removed**
www.gre.org { for GRE associated universities)
http://www.campus-germany.de/

Hope it helps ...all the best

germany post graduation

Dear SAURABH,

I think germany is not a good option for doing M.S. in VLSI.

It is much better these days to do MTech from one of the IITs in INDIA rather than going to some UNDERRATED universities ABROAD.

IIT DELHI is good for VLSI Design

WEBPAGE: hXXp://www.iitd.ac.in/vdtt/

IIT Bombay is good for Microelctronics dealing mainly with technology aspect of VLSI

WEBPAGE: hXXp://www.ee.iitb.ac.in/Home/index_html

universities for masters in vlsi, germany

and u can even consider iiit hyderabad and iitm for vlsi

ms vlsi in germany

want to do a short time course in vlsi design.which is a good institution.

best universities for vlsi

i am 4m india,did my pg in applied electronics

post graduation in engineering in germany

Valzha Valamudan

Hello friends

I recommend VEDANT ( VLSI Design Education And Training ) is one of the prestigious project of Semiconductor Complex Limited (SCL),

VEDANT conducts a six months full time training programme, covering the complete VLSI design flow from specification freezing to PG Tape generation, leading to the award of Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in VLSI Design.

**broken link removed**
www.sclindia.com

regards
Vijayakumar

post graduation in germany

Dear saurabh_vlsi,
I will recommend you to look for KTH university in Stockhomm Sweden.
It is renounced for one of the best european universities in VLSI and SOC.

-Sincerely,

vlsi germany

In Hyderabad, Vedaiit ,
In Secunderabad, ttm
In pune , Bitmapper
are quite good for doing diploma in vlsi

top universities for vlsi

i use to be student at ISLI and the institute is very disorganised!!!! the only subjects that are excellent are Analogue and mixed signal and embemded systems. I am proposing in it. to much workload without any reason. 3 exams periods that you end up so exchusted that you just study to pass exams and assingments without understanding the things. Once we have complainted about there program which was disorganized and one lecturer who's tool was not working and we where trying to do the assingment told, we lost 2 weeks without any notice trying and when we have asked for exetention he told us.. "that's life"... nice answer!

thanx:)

best university for vlsi

In Germany .. Karlsruhe university has a very good Embedded Systems group in CS and Electrical and Information TEch departments.... try this... there are also several companies working on the technologies in the software technology park of Karlsruhe, Germany,

-Regards

working in germany after graduation

I have a colleque from India who studied VLSI at Karlsruhe university.
It would be much better that he studied in India.

german universities vlsi

Hello Guys,

It is really funny u guys r comparing german universities with unknown andwith the institutes runs for money .it is ridiculous.may be IIT s worth (only 2 r 3).please dont compare with veda,ttm...( institutes runs for money).in some german universities research is very good comparitive to IIT s. see u guys mentioned a lot of institutes .how many of those are giving preority to research.any one of those giving good training on analog ic desigining.they are all based on teaching courses VHDL.verilog.even any one can teach those.but if u wanna go deeper u need better staff and better facilities.those institutes makes u like to fit for a labour job(i mean no research u just do u r assigned work).but here u have chances of exploring u e selves to world.and one more thing .any one of the institutes u guys mentioned has any patents. and the people who studying there published papers in IEEE. dont compare with them....
Regards

vlsi universities in germany

hi frnz ,

VLSI really requires efficient faculty....SCL is all a shit......with my personal experience i say that today institutions are just after money making.....none of the faculty member is good there.....CDAC is also famous for VLSI training......but i have seen most of its students unsatisfied and frustrated..... a batch of 120 students can concentrate how far and in what depth?i would suggest that if one wants to go for VLSI then persue any course according to your interest from DesignKOP Labs,sec-2,noida(www.designkop.org)........the experience in itself is magical..........during engineering as all i have just copy pasted books to my brains without understanding that wht does this 0 and 1 mean...............but now my world is totally changed.....till date i am exploring VLSI as my thirst seems never ending.....the founder of DesignKOP himself has worked with Cadence for 8 years and has excellent dedicated faculty to set u flying in VLSI world......they take just 10 students per batch.......u can visit them for free counselling.....i have seen people dishearted after paying huge amounts they are wandering and evn poor and crammed brains......................with a whole good research i say........no one can match designKOP though they have just emerged since a year,they are the best and will explore soon..........

all the best and enjoy!!!!!

shiwali
for any queries,mail me
( er.shiwali@gmail.com )

Status
Not open for further replies.