Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guidance needed in understanding Logical DRCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnu4u

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Please let me know why LOGICAL DRCs are to be met?What are effects if the design doesn't meet logical DRCs?Can we tape-out even if we have logical DRC violations in the design?
Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
Please let me know why LOGICAL DRCs are to be met?What are effects if the design doesn't meet logical DRCs?Can we tape-out even if we have logical DRC violations in the design?
Thanks in advance.

Can you give me an example of anything in particular?

For example you could be getting DRC errors about not having correct tristate buffers because in your code your vhdl use inout for signals & the synthesiser will optimise out the unused aspects.

These types of DRC's don't even need to be met. It's all dependant on what you're trying to achieve.

Thank you wesleytaylor.
I want to know about Max.transition, Max. Capacitance and Max. Fanout DRCs. What will happen to the design if these are not met?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back