Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gui application to control led matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny28

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
halo all.

i'm being learning led matrix display using bascom for 8051. im had been make program led display. but i dont know how to build led matrix control with gui application like vb or delphi.
i need your help.

Try using LABVIEW (National Instruments).
what interface you are using between PC and 8051??

hardware i'm used is 74hc573 and uln2003. program for simulation i'm used proteus.

Basically it depends how did you hook up things (hardware), give more details on hardware. and how you want software to work.
where is your problem? writing a gui application or building a controller part.

things to consider:
1) available interface port from your hardware
2) is there an available software dlls that can readily used or called (if not then you have to code one)

i dont have vb6 right now so maybe you can try with your excel, as macro. to give you an idea on the GUI events:

open excel, tools, macro, visual basic editor.

to show the control toolbars, go to View, toolbars, control toolbars. there you can see the text box and button controls.
create 1 textbox and 1 button on your excel.

double click the button, it will bring you to the code view. paste the ff codes:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
'TextBox1.Text - this is your command
'put your code here, whatever you wanna do with the command string you type on the textbox

End Sub

be sure to set your security to medium (tools, macro, security). close excel. next time you open, select enable macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back