Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GTP-usb-Lite or PicKit2Clone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hameeds01

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pickit2clone

Which one is better GTP-usb-Lite or PicKit2Clone?? (I m looking for inexpensive or free)

Pros & cons??

GTP_usb_lite

PicKit2Clone

which is better, pickit2 or pickit2clone

with the pickit2 you can program AND debug (trace) your programs. the gtp is only for programming.

also the gtp usb lite works only with winpic v3.55 - so there are quite no updates for new pics since a long time.

so for me pickit2 wins.

You can also have a look at Junebug from Blueroom Electronics is quite good and equivalent to Pickit2 which is a programmer cum debugger which also includes a tutor. You can download all the assembly instructions from thier site www.blueroomelectronics.com. Goodluck

Of Course Pickit2, cause the support from Microchip, and aditional tools, and work with almost all operating system, and so many clones in the web..
Jose

This is my programmer built with "programmer" part of Junebug with guidance from "Blueroom" (Bill)

Hai Funny..Yes ...it has 11 SMD resistors and One SMD Capacitors on the bottom side. It is the same schematic of the Junebug programmer side. I have not used the Tutor. Instead of mosfets i have used the transsitorised verision whose schematic is posted in this post of mine. "&highlight="

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back