Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM tracking device (locator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spile

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all! My first post :) I have a newbie question so please dont laugh :) So, related to a project, i need to implement some kind of device wich is
capable to comunucate with GSM network so that provider could detect its location (via triangulation, network based locator). I do not need a keyboard and display since it is integrated, and all the device needs to be capable of is connnectin to a cell ad send sms (or is it?). Obviously a battery, GSM/GPRS module and antenna would be bought. So that components along with some other (which?) are placed on a PCB... and here my knowledge ends:) I would be very greatfull if someone could describe wich basic components are required in order for that to work. Obviously im not developing this part of the project myself :) but i would like to be informed so that i know what are the guys doing. Any kind of answer is highly apriciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back