Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM/SMS ZTE modem hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stralows

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I want to build a simple project that allows a PIC microcontroller to send and receive SMS.
I have many old phones and USB modems laying around, and for now I would like to try to reutilize them
I am using an old ZTE MF632 modem that has 3 chips from Qualcomm (MSM7200, PM7500 and MXU6100). I have been searching the web and the forum for any datasheet of it but honestly I couldn’t find any. My aim is to find the UART RX/TX of the system just to interface with the AT type of code.
With your knowledge what do you suggest me to do? Try to find any datasheet of the chips, try to scope where is the UART, or it is hard to reuse this modems and I should buy any SM5100B system or similar.

Do you know any project that chooses where to look to hack this kind of modems?

Thank you in advance
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.