Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM SIM card interfacing with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the quick reply!
would like to clarify with you regarding the power supply. in the g24-l datasheet it says that max input to pin is 3.0V, while my power supply to PIC is 5V, effectively will output from pic be approx 5V too - and damage the gsm?

Thanks for the quick reply!
would like to clarify with you regarding the power supply. in the g24-l datasheet it says that max input to pin is 3.0V, while my power supply to PIC is 5V, effectively will output from pic be approx 5V too - and damage the gsm?

power supply wont create any problem ...... give 5V to pic n 3.3 to gsm ..... it will work perfectly ...

power supply wont create any problem ...... give 5V to pic n 3.3 to gsm ..... it will work perfectly ...

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy with work. I tried, but it didn't work. Right now i'm trying to test it using Hyperterminal via a USB/Serial cable. I am expecting a reponse of "OK" when i input "AT". However this is not occurring as well. I realised that it might be because i did not switch it on properly (i.e. configuring IGN, CTS_N and RESET_N). I've done this according to the timing diagram in the operating instructions using the PIC18f4520.

Another doubt I have is my connection to the G24L via serial cable. Currently I am connecting TX(serial cable) --- R2IN (MAX3232) --- R2OUT (MAX3232) --- RX (G24L)
and RX - T2OUT - T2IN - TX. Is this right? Based on the G24L datasheet, it is saying that data flow btwn DTE (UART) to DCE (G24L) is TXD --- TX, RXD --- RX etc.

Please help! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.