Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM module with SPI interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan_13

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there!

Does anyone here knows if the SIM340 GSM Module supports SPI interface? Meaning, I can control the module using the SPI instead of using the UART.

I want to control multiple GSM modules with only one UART and I plan to do this by configuring the UART as SPI and making the modules as slaves.

Thanks!

I think UART only, but there are many types out there.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you very much for the reply.. honestly, in case modules with spi really exist, i'm not quite sure how i'll make it work.. but then, I can't think of a way to control multiple gsm modules using just one uart..:sad:

You can try to use a buffer with an OE input. Basically give every module its own buffer which you can enable individually. But your biggest problem (no matter how you are going to multiplex them) is how to handle the situations that multiple modules are sending something at the same time... Therefore the only decent solution is (IMHO) to use external UARTS which you control from your controller...

Thanks for the reply =)
Actually, my mcu has several uart pins and I can actually go with the task by using the other uart pins. If there's no any other solution, perhaps, I'll really have to settle with that.. =(
Thanks again..=)

Status
Not open for further replies.