Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gsm module with pic microcontroler

Status
Not open for further replies.

samnang39

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

USART have two option Synchronous and Asynchronous so which one we should use for communicate with GSM module

It depends on the GSM/GPRS module, some have both Synchronous and Asynchronous:

GSM/GPRS Module - SM5100B

However, I believe most GSM/GPRS modules do have asynchronous serial port.

BigDog

Thanks so much for your reply

my GSM module is HiLoNC P1170662.JPG

Hi,

Yours has an RS-232 port according to the PCB in the photo. Also I was unable to find HiLoNC V1 but here is V2:

BigDog

Hi,

Yours has an RS-232 port according to the PCB in the photo. Also I was unable to find HiLoNC V1 but here is V2:

BigDog

RS-232 can be used with both sync. and asynchronous so that will not be a solution for samnag's question. A max232 is present so that should be a asynchronous communication. Its very easy to know whether the transmission is synchronous or asynchronous, if clock terminal is present then most probably that will be a synchronous communication. Better take the TX and RX pins directly from the board.

Hope this helps

Hi Samnang39,

I managed to locate the manufacture of your HiLoNC Development Board:

Electronics Source Co, Ltd Product DEV-253174333-01-V1

Unfortunately, I was unable to locate a schematic for the board. I would recommend contacting the company above and asking for a copy.

The port on the bottom of the board is a RS-232 Asynchronous Serial port supporting 600 to 115,200 BAUD Rate.

However, I am unable to give you the exact pinout on the RS-232 connector, the pins consist of TX, RX, CTS, RTS and GND.

You should be able to use a multimeter, MAX device datasheet and the HiLoNC module datasheet/user manual to determine the pinout.

The board's other features are outlined in the document below:

**broken link removed**

Additional information concerning the HiLoNC module can be found below:

BigDog

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back