Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gsm modem shows probleam AT commends sent via Terminal software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinuwilson

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using a gsm modem. when i sent AT commands through hyper terminai in windows the modem respond correctly. When i sent AT commands via terminal software ,modem did not respond ,, please help me to solve the probleam

Which terminal software are you using?a carriage return and linefeed should be at the end of each at command therefore append carriage return(CR) and append linefeed (LF)should be enabled.Some gsm modem works even if there is no linefeed but carriage return is must after each at command.check other parameters like COM Number ,baud rate etc also.!What is the need for another terminal program if hyper terminal is working correctly?!

Have you checked Parity bit, Start/Stop Bit ? and Most important CR should be there.

Do u have problem in receiving or transmitting the commands?

Check if the modem is successfully powered on. You could check i'ts status pin if there is any or try calling it from a telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.