Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM Modem not working...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhildascl

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a project using GSM Modem with AT89C51. It was working fine for the last 2 weeks. But now, it is not working. Actually, not showing any network signal. Please help me to solve this.

I cannot connect the modem with hyperterminal. There is a problem too. I dont where the problem is. When I connect the modem to the hyperterminal, there is no communication between then.

did you check the serial cable connectivity? using multimeter check the continuitr between pin to pin. especially 2,3,5 pins. what is the power supply adaptor you are using for the modem. Is the modem powering on properly.

use one to one cable with pin 2 connected to 2, 3 to 3 and 5 to 5. this is straight cable. if not connect 2 to 3 and piin 3 to 2 and pin 5 to 5 in the cable and test the modem and let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.