Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM/GPRS module and camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
uart gprs module

hi everyone,

i want to interface sim 340e with uart of controller 8051 and want to transfer some data through GSM service provider. is it possible to send large amount of data this way??

camera supported gsm module

I have worked on a Camera with UART interface.

We used an FPGA to communicate with the camera (CMOS Sensor Omnivision) and store the images in an SDRAM (since camera would output data at a very fast rate). An raw yuv 4:2:2 image for VGA resolution is around 600 KB and JPEG encoded image around 20-30 KB.

We had developed a camera controller, SDRAM controller and UART controller.

The operation was somewhat like this. We get some command from the UART after receving this command, the fpga captures a single image and stores it in an SDRAM and sends the image through the UART at a fixed baud rate.

Through the UART u could connect anything, SIM 300 or Siemens MC55 to send the image through GPRS interface to a fixed i/p. The FPGA can be used to send AT commands to the GPRS module.

A server would be needed to be developed on a PC to receive the image through the internet and u need to develop some protocol to receive the image properly (some header/footer stuff to indicate start and end of image).

The CMOS/FPGA board would cost around $10-$15 Siemens MC55 with built in TCP/IP stack cost around $30-$35.

Using GPRS is more better since we can send a big file which is not possible in case of MMS.

gsm module mms camera

hi teja

Can I send MMS/SMS from a Ip-camera to a GSM modem without a PC in between?

Kindly tell me since i am new to this field.

If you have code, give me so that i can test for understanding

thanks

connecting camera on gsm modem

AyaTamimi said:
hjehanzeb,

here is how to program the SIM306 module to send MMS using AT commands, I hope I'm not too late =)

**broken link removed**

hello the link didn't open with me :( could u please send me that files attached

thanks for ur help :)

Added after 3 minutes:

budhy said:
This document describes the hardware interface of the SIMCOM SIM300 ... applications, all functional components of SIM300 are described in great detail. ...
**broken link removed**

hello

this link oped in an error page

could u please send me the file not the link?

thanks for ur help

Added after 17 minutes:

hello

i want a link to buy SIM306

Could anybody provide hardware specification document of sim306.
Are sim300C and sim306 pin compatible.
thanks

Just to recreate in this post.....
I have found a camera with RS232 interface
its UCAM it is available in TTL and RS232 both versions
image size and quality can be change with simple serial protocol....

We are a manufacturer of modem, and distributor of Wavecom module for 10 years. We heard you have problem with sending data by XL. We hope you can tell me more and solve it together.

We have the capacity of desinging and making modem, so we also has the ability to do it.

Best wishes, Best price
mail:musicforevanlee@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back