Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM/GPRS Modem not Dialing Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

afzalkhan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to dial out gprs modem

Hi..

I am using WISMOS WAVECOM modem and I cannot dial out the number from the sim card to other modem or any other mobile or phone network. However, when i can receive the call when i dial from the mobile to the modem... Also on hyper terminal it shows ring when i receive the call..

The command I am using to dial the number from hyperterminal is ATD(Phone Number) and then Enter... It gives me NO CARRIER ERROR MESSAGE...

Kindly Help...
Thanks

Afzal Khan

gsm no carrier

if no is 12345678 use the command atdt12345678;
this will dialout

wavecom gsm dial no carrier

I have used the same command.... like...

ATDT1234567

Still it gives NO CARRIER message

Looking for more help..

Thanks
Afzal Khan

modem gsm no carrier

Hi Again,

Sorry... i din't reply for the last message correctly....

I have tried ATDT123456 and it gives me error message as NO CARRIER

Whereas when i tried ATDT123456; it dials out the number from the modem but than it is only in voice mode as there is the colon after the phone number....

So In short I am unable to connect on Data Network whereas I am able to make voice calls.....

Advice Please....

Afzal Khan

gsm 11 last dialed number

i understand that colon is for datamode and not voice mode

communicate between gprs modems

As I Understand from various websites, that colon is for voice mode. However, when i established the communication between the two modems by using colon, i wasn't able to transfer the files or data....

Also I can use my mobile sim card (which is voice enabled) in the modem and dial any number using the colon...

Any other help is welcome...

Thanks..
Afzal Khan

wavecom dialing atd no carrier

You're correct regarding the colon, it's dedicated for voice call. Generally, I suggest, that you read either the Wavecom manual or the GSM TS07.07 document for detailed and correct specification of AT commands rather than various websites.

Actually, No Carrier is just an unspecific error message for simple terminal applications, that can't decode detailed messages. The Wavecom manual instructs you to enable extended errors reports by an AT+CEER command, if you want more information. You get a numerical cause, that can be decoded from the manual.

There are many possible reasons for "No carrier", e.g. credit expired, peer not supporting data mode, wrong bearer selected with AT+CBST...

gsm error modem reported no carrier

hai,
ATD12345; for voice call.ATD12345 for data call .Difference is semicolon(;).The above is main difference.More over if you donot have proper signal strength you will get a message like No carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.