Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] GSM based Energy meter-proteus simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

3TAJIM

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hallo friends...
Please help me in my project.
I'm doing a proteus simulation for a gsm based energy meter but I'm stuck since I'm new in the field of micro controllers and programming as well.
My project has the following objectives:
1. Be able to display the meter readings and the cost for power use in an lcd.
2. Be able to send the units consumed after a certain time to the energy provider/operator via sms.
3. Be able to send charges for energy consumed to the consumer.
4. Be able to cut-off power incase the customer does not pay the energy charges within a given time.
So far I've decided to use Atmega168 and I intend to use arduino programming.
Questions:
1. How can I present an energy meter in proteus?
2. How can I present a gsm modem in proteus?
Please also help me with arduino codes for my project.

There is no GSM module or energy meter module in Proteus
You may simulate them in proteus by connect them through your COM port and then simulate them using the virtual COM port control in proteus named COM PIM

Thank you Vigyanabikshu for your assistance. I've found that COMPIM is used to represent a gsm modem in proteus...must I use a virtual terminal in my connection i.e. between the microcontroller and COMPIM? I've tried to google for connections of such, I'm finding some are using and others are not...some are using two virtual terminals while others one..how many should I use.
Then on the energy meter, how do I represent it in proteus?

How you are interfacing energy meter to the PIC ?
If MODBUS through RS485, convert it to USART and interface with PIC
IF you want to simulate both GSM and Energy meter simultaneousely, you need two COM PIM and two COM ports/RS232 converters in your computer, one connected to the GSM and another to the energy meter. Virtual terminal can be used to just monitor what is happening in the communication lines.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back