Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM Based door lock...waiting for ur replies at the earliest ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramya_Iyer

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey frnds..i m trying to do a project named 'gsm based door lock'. In ths i wil be using a keypad to enter d password.Wen d password is entered, sms wil go to d authorized person through gsm modem n dat person wil reply to d microcontroller abt d access..ie whether d door should be opened or not..i hav read abt similar projects bt nt getting an aidea hw to strt..basically i m nt from electronics background..i m frm IT...so plss help me out frnds..it wil be v helpful if i get a proper circuit diagram n code as well...plss help me out...!!

i dont know much about electronics,but since you are IT manager you definately know some C programming.

you can use an arduino with a gsm shield, and implement some code to control the keypad and check password. and send the sms.

check google for "arduino gsm"

@Ramya_Iyer
Its a simple project and it is available in the market too...

Are you trying to do the project from the scrap like starting from design till implementation??? In that case i can guide you...

A simple microcontroller, 4x4 matrix keyborad or simple 2 buttons and a gsm module along with relay will solve the purpose.

If you have more queries you can mail me at - ezyreach@gmail.com

@Ramya_Iyer
Its a simple project and it is available in the market too...

Are you trying to do the project from the scrap like starting from design till implementation??? In that case i can guide you...

A simple microcontroller, 4x4 matrix keyborad or simple 2 buttons and a gsm module along with relay will solve the purpose.

If you have more queries you can mail me at - ezyreach@gmail.com

The zeal you are showing to help is really creditable , but let the discussion and problem solving be done in the forum itself so that others can gain the benefit .

Hey frnds..i m trying to do a project named 'gsm based door lock'. In ths i wil be using a keypad to enter d password.Wen d password is entered, sms wil go to d authorized person through gsm modem n dat person wil reply to d microcontroller abt d access..ie whether d door should be opened or not..i hav read abt similar projects bt nt getting an aidea hw to strt..basically i m nt from electronics background..i m frm IT...so plss help me out frnds..it wil be v helpful if i get a proper circuit diagram n code as well...plss help me out...!!
First of all you need to read the rules of the forum to avaiod infractions. Short hand/ SMS languages are not allowed in EDA. You may edit your post for better responses...

@Ramya_Iyer If you have more queries you can mail me at - ezyreach@gmail.com
Helping anyone in open forum may help others too who are looking for same solutions, rather than contacting in person...

first you should know about how to interface GSM modem to microcontroller. Then study that gsm modem AT commands. then connect the gsm modem with PC give command through Hyper terminal.. you can easily understand about GSM modem .the you can program ..
Study this PDF i will help you...

Attachments

• GSM Command.pdf
    662.5 KB · Views: 89

Status
Not open for further replies.