Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

grouping of symbols in Allegro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack_pcb

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

I am doing placment of symbols in Allegro 16.3 , i want to make groups of symbols ,so that in future i can choose a complete group in brd .
pls help ,how to create groups in allegro 16.3 .

Thanks in Advance

Hi,
select move and then choose component in find option and then right click temp group select group of component and then right click complete.you can move the component

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
select move and then choose component in find option and then right click temp group select group of component and then right click complete.you can move the component

hi kabaleevisu ,

thanks for the reply .What u told is temp group ,this is only one time group for symbols , i want a permanent group of symbols , in which i give a group name and in future if i need i can select complete group and move .

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

pls help ,

Hi jack,

select edit-groups, go to options tab,give a group name and select disband and it will ask whether to create a new group,
SELECT YES and in the find tab , select the things you want to group(symbols,clines,vias,..etc) and after that select the things in the board file and pick done.
Once group is created you can select edit - move and in find tab select groups and you can then select the group you created.

Attachments

• groups.bmp
    8.7 MB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back