Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Grounding a 2-layer PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam_PCB

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am working on a simple 2-layer PCB design. Almost done with it but I'm not sure How to use ground and power planes in a 2-layer board. The design consists of an op amp(MCP619-I/ST) with a few resistors. Both top and bottom layers are used for routing.

Please review the attachment. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Sam

It isn't large enough to benefit from a power plane for the voltage supply. Depending what it is, it might benefit from a ground plane for screening. Normally you would make such decisions early on in the layout so you don't route the grounds - you just connect them with a via or allow them to auto-connect depending on which side they are on. Remove any ground tracks on the underside then flood it with ground. Make sure everything has re-connected.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.