Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ground and power plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_engineer

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi !

can i use power copper pour on top and ground copper pour on bottom side of double layer pcb

if no ,please tell me reason

Yes, but I suggest pour copper on either layers for GND if you can manage power with fat traces rather than layer/ pour island. Having a bigger ground is better from the system performance point of view.

I would agree if only one voltage for the power layer, otherwise I would go with ground every time.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Oh as to the reason why not to have a top power and bottom ground on a two layer board, you will be effectively creating areas of copper connected with high impedance routes, these could act as diopoles and cause EMC problems. It would also create some very interesting return paths for signals as they would be couple with the plane they are adjacent to. So my view would be ground as both top and bottom pour, with power tracks, would be the best choice, and least problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back