Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Grid Tie Inverter + Mains Power Supply ? which will be used ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying myself to suit with 300 Watt Grid Tie Inverter to full fill my home needs during day time. i want to install Grid Tie Inverter in my current home which is having Already main Power from Power company @ 230Volts 50 HZ. Now my Question is if both Grid Tie Inverter + Power company Providing Energy ? which will be used 1st ? i have typical 250-300 watts during day time. So i need to know which power will be utilized 1st ? or it would be Equal power ? from both ? Power Company in india do not take Energy from consumers so i have not intention to sell the power to Grid. i just want to use for my home needs 250-300. and i do not want to use Battery (off grid inverters) so please guide me.

Please help me.

Power Company in india do not take Energy from consumers so i have not intention to sell the power to Grid.
You can't prevent a grid tied inverter from sourcing energy to the grid, although it may violate contract terms. A simple mechanical energy meter will rotate backwards in this case.

In practice, the energy company won't get aware of it as long as your total bill is in an expectable range.

You can't prevent a grid tied inverter from sourcing energy to the grid, although it may violate contract terms. A simple mechanical energy meter will rotate backwards in this case.

In practice, the energy company won't get aware of it as long as your total bill is in an expectable range.

You're right in case of mechanical it will rotate in reverse direction, but we have Digital Meters and they never go beyond 0. But i want to ask if both Grid Tie Inverter + main line available ? then who will supply the load ? grid + main / 2 ? or grid 1st or main 1st ?

Please help...

U use Auto changeover switch in which u assign priority as per ur choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.