Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Green translucent paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsam

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
translucent paint

Do you know where to get those green paints they put on a pcb??

pcb+green+paint

I guess you mean the "solder mask."

It is usually either silk screened (the old and inaccurate way) or photolitographically made (the more modern way). The latter is often called "wet film" -- while there is another version called "dry film" (which produces thicker layers)

In any case, the process is not very hobby friendly. However, there is another kind of "paint" -- it is NOT a solder mask, but a protective lacquer which one can solder thrugh. It is used sometimes to protect the copper for oxidization, and is quite hobby-friendly stuff.

I would advice you to look for suppliers of PCB materials. For hobby stuff, the local electronics catalog sales companies often have the protective and solderable lacquer available. The real solder masks are likely not easily available to hobbyists due to more complex processes and often large containers to buy the stuff in.

paint pcb green

i've been looking all over for that paint. all i see is pure green, not the ones as "see through" green. So now I know it's lacquer.

pcb green paint

Hi jetsam,

what's your reason to use (as hobbist?) the soldermask? - To protect your
traces from unwanted views or to protect the copper-traces from oxidation?
In the second case it's easier to make a silver or tin-coating over them!

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back