Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPU workstation for CST simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

prafuldeo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have ordered a GPU based workstation for mainly doing CST simulations. It has got following specifications:

Dual Intel Xenon 5620 CPU

48 GB RAM

1 GB Nvidia Quadro 600 graphics card

Dual Nvidia Tesla C2075 GPU

I am expecting its delivery soon.

Is there any thing I should pay particular attention for? Any special / recommended settings to get better simulation performance?

Thanks.

Praful

Hello,

I assume you will be using CST Microwave Studio. The transient solver module, based on a Finite Integration Technique, is GPU accelerated (multiple GPUs with a single simulation) and also supports combined MPI+GPU acceleration.

See: https://www.cst.com/Content/Products/MWS/GPU.aspx

(The Tesla C2075 performance will be comparable to C2070 that you see on the chart).

Regards,
SK

Hello, Thanks for sharing the information. Just wondering about the details of the purchase. Will you please send the details to hello3384@gmail.com It would be of great help, since i am also planning to buy a new workstation entirely for CST simulation. Thank you very much Augustin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have ordered a GPU based workstation for mainly doing CST simulations. It has got following specifications:

Dual Intel Xenon 5620 CPU

48 GB RAM

1 GB Nvidia Quadro 600 graphics card

Dual Nvidia Tesla C2075 GPU

I am expecting its delivery soon.

Is there any thing I should pay particular attention for? Any special / recommended settings to get better simulation performance?

Thanks.

Praful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back