Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS antenna with linear polarization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bou

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I know that GPS antenna works with a RHCP but I've found some others GPS antennas that use a linear polarization.

Can anybody explain that to me

I'm so confused now

thanks

Primary driven by simplicity, like compromise to fit in a cellphone.

You give up a little gain, but most importantly you lose much of the multipath reflection reduction. Reflections from building and other earthly objects reverses to mostly LHCP. Multipath rays can corrupt position accuracy.

Some studies argue the LHCP reflection reduction is overrated as vertical or horizontal metal strips of construction reflects as more linear polarization.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bou

Bou

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Primary driven by simplicity, like compromise to fit in a cellphone.

You give up a little gain, but most importantly you lose much of the multipath reflection reduction. Reflections from building and other earthly objects reverses to mostly LHCP. Multipath rays can corrupt position accuracy.

Some studies argue the LHCP reflection reduction is overrated as vertical or horizontal metal strips of construction reflects as more linear polarization.

I've found that therocally we lost about 3 db if we use a linear polarization, have u any idea how can we calculate this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back