Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPRS Vehicle tracking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrizwan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone..
I m going to do project on Vehicle tracking system using GPRS. Can any 1 tell me whot is the best methode to impliment this project . im using Microcontroller on both ( Base station and Vehicle ) sides. and ofcoures microcont have limited memory . how can i impliment this proj so that my Code going Reduce and i achive my Proj complet.

well once ur tryin to implement GPRS - vechile tracking system..analyze ur gateway - who is providing ur GPRS connection (ofcource packet data transfer) - you can try the GSM - with GPRS gateway.. so that you can use the base-station as points for drwaing the map..
something on those lines...

i shall try to get some papers on the same..

with regards,
arun

Please note that when you are working on GPRS, there is at least two kinds of GPRS modems available.

One is just a raw wireless modem that you need to implement all the necessary protocol in your MCU, like the PPP, LCP, IPCP, IP, TCP or UDP ...

The other is with TCP/IP Stack, which you can simple connect the server side by AT command. This can help to save both development time, and also the resource of the MCU.

Many GPRS module manufacturer has both modems, like Siemens, Sony Ericsson, BenQ, Wavecom ...

However, no matter which modems you will use, I found that you are targeting to do both Client (Vehicle) and Server (Base Station). Please note that some operater will provide you a virtual IP that is hardly be visited by other parties, this will cause a problem on the server side, which will act as hidden behind a firewall.

Regards

Added after 50 seconds:

Please note that when you are working on GPRS, there is at least two kinds of GPRS modems available.

One is just a raw wireless modem that you need to implement all the necessary protocol in your MCU, like the PPP, LCP, IPCP, IP, TCP or UDP ...

The other is with TCP/IP Stack, which you can simple connect the server side by AT command. This can help to save both development time, and also the resource of the MCU.

Many GPRS module manufacturer has both modems, like Siemens, Sony Ericsson, BenQ, Wavecom ...

However, no matter which modems you will use, I found that you are targeting to do both Client (Vehicle) and Server (Base Station). Please note that some operater will provide you a virtual IP that is hardly be visited by other parties, this will cause a problem on the server side, which will act as hidden behind a firewall.

Regards

Hi

The server may be not connected to internet throgh GPRS , the server can be on an ordinary internet serveror connected though DSL to internet.
and so you can overcome the problem of vertual IP.
Is that True?

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

first query: how to calculate the radius, by received power level?

hi ,

even i want to do vehicle tracking using GPRS modem (mc35i) . can anyone giv me idea aout this.
i am using ARM processr.
plz help me out fast.
regards,
preeit

Status
Not open for further replies.