Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gprs / sim900 http post

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnsnoop

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to using a GPRS module so I am still learning a lot of the basic things. I can get it to do an HTTP GET just fine but I was unsure how to approach the HTTP POST. How do I know how much I can put in the message body? Do I have to worry about the MTU or is that handled a layer down? I was planning on opening a file off the SD card and write it directly to the message body but I am unsure on the speed I should do this at, can I just make the baud rate really slow like 9600 bps? I am concerned with overwhelming the GPRS connections. I would like to write 1-5 KB in the message body, maybe even more like 1 MB if it goes really well. I know my server can accept up to 30MB on uploads.

Status
Not open for further replies.