Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPRS and PPP with PIC16/PIC18

Status
Not open for further replies.

branek

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic18 gprs

:?

Hello

Could anyone help me with GPRS and PPP protokol? Last 5 hours I am on this board and internet, read almost any document about GPRS and nothing... So, am I stupid or what? :oops:

I tryed many TCP stack, but no lucky with GPRS! I think that GPRS need CHAP, not PAP, and that is point where I am stucked! I try that with uChip source from APPNOTE 724. But there is only PAP... And after starting of PPP, I get some packets exchanged, and on end: NO CARRIER. The step where i get NO CARRIER is when I sending username and password.

If someone know source for gprs and PPP that is WORKING, please point me! And also if you can help me on any other way, do not shy...

I can try it with NOKIA 6100, and also with siemens M50/ M55, and with any PIC.

Thanx in advance... and sorry for my english

pic18 ppp

For this purpose I use GPRS modem with build in TCP stack (Enfora Speeder), so you dont need to think about TCP stack, or PPP.
Just configure modem(s) and futher on do nothing more than plain serial communication.

Regards.

Mr.Cube

ppp pic18f

Hi Mr. Branek!
At moment I develop one application with Siemens MC35i GSM module and PIC18 microcontroller.
I am prettend port the following stack:
www.opentcp.com
In no longer past, I read that one brazilian group port the uTCP stack for embedded environment, but I not found more informations...if You are interested, visit the Adam´s page:
http://www.dunkels.com/adam/

Gorkin.

gprs stack pic18

GPRS needs no authentication. THis is becuase billing is inside the SIM.

SO when the modem asks for authentication, you just ignore it and proceed to the next step.

ppp gprs sim

techie said:
GPRS needs no authentication. THis is becuase billing is inside the SIM.

SO when the modem asks for authentication, you just ignore it and proceed to the next step.

As far as I know, this may be valid for some networks. It all depends on the operator. Some networks request this authentication procedure. The most common case I saw is that you can enter any crap you want in user name and password field, because the data are ignored (indeed the real authentication is based on SIM data), however the procedure must be performed.

/pisoiu

Status
Not open for further replies.