Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Got negative gain in design circular patch antenna in HFSS. I found It's because my antenna is not radiating despite good matching. Please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

durgapurbey

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I have designed a circular patch antenna in HFSS 2018.2 environment working at the ISM band. I got negative gain(-10.6dBi) and realized gain(-10dBi) in my design at operating frequency. After analysis I found that their radiation efficiency is very less means the antenna is not radiating. Further, I plot the matching parameter to see whether the matching is good or not. I found matching is already good. I have used microstrip feed. Please help me to get positive gain. I have attached my HFSS file here. Please help me to get positive gain(dBi) and make the antenna radiate?

Attachments

• Circular_Patch_Array.rar
    85.7 KB · Views: 178

Hi
Do you have the reference for this design such as an article, or textbook?
It seems not a regular circular patch since you are introducing shorting vias around antenna!

Status
Not open for further replies.