Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good univty for VLSI postgraduation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivek

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I am from India, have an undergraduate degree in Electronics & Communication. Have 2 yrs experience in VLSI - as a verification engineer. Good knowledge in VERA, Verilog, verification methodologies. Now i am considering doing my Masters in VLSI. Can anyone recommend good universities, in India or any other country. I am looking for low (or nil :?:) fees and university should have strong R&D background. It will be good to have univty with R&D related to verification stuff.

Another doubt i have is, can a masters degree give a serious boost in my salary and future prospects in industry???

Thanx :D

there shoild be a trade off beween those twoif u want good universities then u have o spend more on that

otherwose spend less expect less.

industry experience with two years is ore than enough.

i am having one doubt i.e u want to study while working or stop working for studies

Hi

Studying while working may not work out with the tight project schedules.
Moreover i have heard that companies dont give much value to a master done
part time or through correspondence.

it would be great if some company sponsors for full time masters. In that case a service agrrement with that company will also be acceptable. But does anyone know any company which allow that?

Thanx :D

You should prefer Western countries over India for further education.

My profile is also similar and interested in Vlsi design .If any one has information regarding some companies sponsoring please let me .

You can think of Sweden Universities. No tuition fee but first class education in all fields! For VLSI design you have Kista, Lund and Linkoping where there is System-on-chip (SOC) design master programmes that is rare in other countries even if you pay.

You can also look at the universities in USA which are extremely good in this field. The top universities in the east coast are really good to consider.

VEDA IIT, hyderabad offers MS in VLSI engineering. very good exposure to the ASIC design and all the tools. its an industry driven program.
they conduct an entrance test followed by an interview. if you get good rank, then they may sponser.

Hi ,

Iam Velu ... new to these Group (heard from many) today i got signed and iam in .

Regarding the MS Course ...i know very few companies Does and which is one of the policies so the companies are like

Texas Instruments,
Intel,
Cadence,
Mentor Graphics

Etc ... thats all i knew ...

Have A Great Day !

Thanks & Regards
Velu.V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com