Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good tutorial for TCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjccentury

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
scan insertion tutorial

Share this good tutorial for TCL with you all and hope someone can answer my following question....... : )

Normally, I start scan insertion from netlist generated by "compile -scan". Now, I want to know if the netlist generated by "compile" not "compile -scan" what special attention should be paid ?
Thank you !

Sorry, I dont' know how to make it free : (

wjccentury said:
Share this good tutorial for TCL with you all and hope someone can answer my following question....... : )

Normally, I start scan insertion from netlist generated by "compile -scan". Now, I want to know if the netlist generated by "compile" not "compile -scan" what special attention should be paid ?
Thank you !

if you are guy who do synthesis, the compile/compile -scan difference lies that:
compile just normal compile, no substitution of the flip-flops in the design. only D as input of the FF.
if you want the design will be scanable, you first need to execute this kind of scan ready compile. replace normal FF to muxed FF. in addition to D, there will be TI input for test data input.

hope this helps,
cheelgo

cheelgo said:
wjccentury said:

Thank you !

if you are guy who do synthesis, the compile/compile -scan difference lies that:
compile just normal compile, no substitution of the flip-flops in the design. only D as input of the FF.
if you want the design will be scanable, you first need to execute this kind of scan ready compile. replace normal FF to muxed FF. in addition to D, there will be TI input for test data input.

hope this helps,
cheelgo

Thank you, cheelgo!

Another guy does synthesis. I know I should begin scan insertion from netlist generated by "compile -scan". Now, I wonder if the netlist just generated by "compile" how can I insert scan ? How to replace the DFF with scan DFF in netlist ?

Thank you !

yes ,i want to know how do to DFT too, thanks.

Another guy does synthesis. I know I should begin scan insertion from netlist generated by "compile -scan". Now, I wonder if the netlist just generated by "compile" how can I insert scan ? How to replace the DFF with scan DFF in netlist ?

I would think you'd be able to read the netlist into your synthesis tool, and then do another compile -scan, but with no map effort applied so it doesn't do any optimization. Not sure of the exact commands - that's tool specific.

Or, if you have it, you can use Mentor's DFT Architect, or equivalent to do the scan replacement for you. Maybe you can use that TCL knowledge to craft a script which can do the replacement for you!

Just a note: we're not talking about stitching up the scan chains here - just replacement - stitching them into chains would be a bit more involved.

John
h**p://www.dftdigest.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back