Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good schematic drawing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark5230

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
schematic drawing

Hi
Can any body suggest a good schematic drawing software for microcontroller based projects
Thanks
Raoof

free schematics software orcad

there are some topics about this, generally people suggest the software that use in work or university.

I use Protel 99 and like it, for free the better development suite is kicad.

leomecma

drawing schematic software

I use Orcad. Good schematic and PCB drawing program. I send an link.
Good luck.

ark5230

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
schematic

Why dont you try PCB Wizard Pro Its very simple to use

very clear and user-friendly.

i m not able to upload the file.

contact me on my mail, i have the software. . .

ark5230

schematic drawing software

I use Eagle
It's free for pcb's up to 80x100 mm.
Try it.

Added after 31 seconds:

I use Eagle
It's free for pcb's up to 80x100 mm.
Try it.

free pcb drawing software

you can use DipTrace, there is a free demo you will find.

schematic drawing -electrical -circuit

Better tool for schematic design is cadence capture.Easy to draw new symbols or free symbols also avilable in net which support this tool.Micro controller symbols can be downloaded from MICROCHIP websites and also this is one of the industry standard tool.

Regards
RAJAN.K

schematic pcb software

Use regualy :
OrCAD/Capture CIS, Protel 99 and right now Altium DXP.

Use rarely :
KiCAD, Eagle, ultrasch (EWB).

OrCAD/Capture CIS are ok, but leads much to be dreamed of, Altium looks mores into what we need, EWB is ok, KiCAD is good as for free, but in a job situasion, it need a lot of updates.

ark5230

schematic drawing products

The most common and easy to use schematic software you can use is OrCAD capture because you can generate netlist that is compatible to almost all PCB software available.

You can also use Altium Designer which is also good and reasonable in terms of price compared to Mentor and Cadence products. Altium can import directly many kind of files not like in others which you still needed to use a converter.

schematic software

For schematic capture I suggest Orcad/Cadence. For PCB go for Protel

Check this:

/wyatt

orcad capture is good

I would say the most complete tool I have used to date is the Mentor Graphics Expediton suite.

Front end: DxDesigner or Design Capture
Additional front end: IODesigner
Layout: Expedition
Simulation: Hyperlynx
Fabrication and drawings: Fablink and Drawing Editor

The above are all part of the same tool suite. While this is not the easiest to learn, and definitely not the cheapest, it pretty much covers everyting.

I have found over the years that other tools while cheaper will have one or more limitations. such as; cross referencing between schematic and layout, rule checking, control over padstacks, Rf rules and shapes, control of planes shapes and data, limitations for high speed design, fabrication limitations, etc..

eda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back