Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Good Advanced Level (Graduate) Text on Verilog/SystemVerilog with Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for a Good Advanced Level (Graduate) Text on Verilog/SystemVerilog with Examples of Verilog Code - I know Cilletti is a good book : Advanced Digital Design with Verilog HDL - does anyone know of any others ?

If you go to the FPGA vendor websites they have lots of videos and a huge
library of code examples. Free I might add.

Google this, "verilog code examples", your lifespan not long enough to consume all the available aids.

Regards, Dana.

Puppet123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am sure the internet is a good resource, but I am looking for books specifically. Besides Cilletti, there doesnt seem to be a lot of advanced verilog books with advanced HDL code examples in them.

I don't think that book is an advanced Verilog/SystemVerilog book it is a primarily an advanced digital design book using Verilog to implement more complex designs.

Verilog doesn't have any "advanced" way of writing it. On the other hand how you use Systemverilog for testbenching does lend itself to more advanced techniques that can be learned by going to Mentors website Verification Academy. If your tool chain supports the synthesizable portion of Systemverilog you can use those features, but I wouldn't consider this to be advanced code.

Sorry I was not clear - I meant a book that has examples of advanced digital blocks implemented in verilog or system verilog code - by advanced - I mean microprocessor blocks or dsp blocks.

That is too specific for a book. There is nothing special about microprocessors or DSP blocks, it's all FSMs and datapaths with clever insights here and there.

Books by M.D Ciletti

Basic: Digital Design with an Introduction to Verilog HDL, VHDL, and System Verilog
Intermediate: Advanced Digital Design with The Verilog HDL
Advanced: Modeling, Synthesis, and Rapid Prototyping with the Verilog

You can go for IEEE Standard Hardware Description Language IEEE STD 1364-2005. I attached the pdf of it.

Copyrighted IEEE 1364-2005 specification deleted as posting of copyrighted works is against forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back