Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Goclever R72.6 Tablet WiFi extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

kame01

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone
I've recently bought a cheap tablet and its WiFi performance is not satisfying. I've sent it back but it returned with the same problem.

I know that the smaller the device the smaller the antena, so I decided to make an extension. I've found some YouTube videos showing how to make it work, but inside the tablet there was alwlays a wire. In my case there is none, but ive found somthing interresting.

**broken link removed**

This is my WiFi chip, and it is written here that pin number 6 is ANT. Does that stand for antena? I've put a wire there but there is no big difference. There is a big difference if the back cover is off- the cover is made of plastic.

Thats why i want to put a wire outside so it has better signal, but puting the wire as told didin't realy help. When I put the back cover back on the signal drops. Maybe the wire itself is not enough to be an antena?

Any help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.