Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gm-constant bias problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlee

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm try to design a gm-constant bias circuit. However, when i do transient simulation for different process corner, i found that the current in the circuit will oscillate. How can i make the circuit become more stable for different process corner?

Thanks,
Chun Lee

If you use HSPICE to see the simulation result of the current in the circuit, you should set "method=gear" in ".options" to avoid the current oscillation.

Can you give your gm-constant bias circuit diagram and simulation results? Do you simulate gm-constant bias circuit alone or with other component?

Hi ericliu,

May i know what is the purpose to set "method=gear" in ".options? which one will represent the real enviroment?

My gm-constant bias design is based on conventional circuit design, you can find it in any analog circuit design reference book.

Regards,
chun lee

Status
Not open for further replies.