Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Glue Mask and Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

natashabaker

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
glue mask

Hi All,

I have a question about the glue mask layer. Are there any specifications (IPC, or otherwise) about where the glue should be placed, or should it just in general follow the outline of the components?

Best Regards,

Natasha

pcb glue mask

a glue mask is used to hold the components during the solder proces.

Electrically nonconductive adhesive materials used for attachment of surface mount components should meet the requirements of IPC-SM-817.

If you want to replace the soldering proces by using Electrically Conductive Adhesives you can check IPC-3406 and IPC-3408.

Thanks.

Some pcb layout software doesn't include a layer for the glue mask, but they have layers for solder mask, paste mask, etc.

If I send my design to an assembly house, do you know if they need the glue mask layer to mass-manufacture my boards or will it differ from house to house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back