Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GLIBC_2.0 error with IC5141

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Hou

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
glibc_2.0

Hi,
I install cadence ic5141 at suse 9.2 professional,when I run it,the following message issued:
dick@linux:~/tmp> icfb
/tools/ic5141/tools/dfII/bin/icfb.exe: relocation error: /tools/ic5141/tools/dfII/bin/icfb.exe: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

How can I do?
Thanks!

ic5141 glibc_2.0

Cadence IC 5.X.XX MUST be installed only and only RedHat 7.2,7.3 or WS 3.0

Nothing else...

Otherwise if you install rather than, you may face to face many compilation and compatibility problems...

suse ic5141

BigBoss said:
Cadence IC 5.X.XX MUST be installed only and only RedHat 7.2,7.3 or WS 3.0

Nothing else...

Otherwise if you install rather than, you may face to face many compilation and compatibility problems...

hi

mandrake 9.2's kernel is like of your listed redhat versions too.

tnx

ic5141 glibc_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6

I installed IC5.033 under Suse 9.3 with no problems at all. Just make sure you have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to the correct path and it might help using LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1. Cadence also works very nice under Redhat WS 4. No problems there at all either. So keep trying.

suse 11 ic5141

Dick Hou said:
Hi,
I install cadence ic5141 at suse 9.2 professional,when I run it,the following message issued:
dick(at)linux:~/tmp> icfb
/tools/ic5141/tools/dfII/bin/icfb.exe: relocation error: /tools/ic5141/tools/dfII/bin/icfb.exe: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

How can I do?
Thanks!

I've got the same glibc error before when I installed ic5141 on suse 10. setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.17 solve the glibc error.

glibc_2.0 cadence

All you need to clear this is ...

add /lib/i686 to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable and see if it works.

I believe you should have /lib/i686 on redhat/fedora based linux.

Regards
VA

Status
Not open for further replies.