Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gigabit wireless transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfmw

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please suggest your ideas about let say 1-2 Gbit/s wireless data transmission. Range is unimportant, but minimal should be 1 cm! :)

Frequency range for microwave solutions should use ISM bands. Are there already some commercial laser-optical solutions?

greetz,
rfmw

You can use optical as well as Microwave EM wave transmission method for 1 2 Gbps system.

Try to study the 802.11 ,802.12 standards that deals with blue tooth and wireless LAN these standard have guidelines for transmission systems upto few Giga bits Per sec. You'll get many ideas.

Regards !

You did not say what country you are in, but I doubt you can send 2 GBit in the bandwidth allotted for ISM. In the US, you could do at at 66 GHz or higher, simple PAM modulated millimeterwave oscillator.

@flatulent ... yes I agree with you. But do you have some docs, examples, ...?

@truebs ... somehow I don't believe how can 802.11 with its 54Mbps help on this, but can you recommend some specific literature or docs?

@biff44 ... thanks for your tip. I'll try to give your idea some insight. However, this would be relatively high-cost solution.

Direct (current) laser modulation (without any external modulators) would (I guess) work, but to find appropriate laser diode would be a problem.

Can you use capacitive plates for coupling? You could modulate OOK your serial data stream onto a carrier and use a diode detector at the receiving end.

hehe flatulent, I thought about that too. This idea with capacitive (plate) coupling would be really effective and low-cost. But how to make a diode detector with a couple of GHz bandwidth? ;) Or in other words, how to make an AM detector with 1-2 GHz bandwidth?

regards,
rfmw

The Agilent web site has application notes on diode detectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back