Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting video for editing from webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

aasif

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have to process the video for my "Real-time Video processing project".
I have to use web camera for this purpose.
The Camera software has options of storing images and video in *.bmp and *.avi formats.
For processing in realtime I have to process the video as it comes from the camera not from stored files.
I will not use frame grabber for this purpose.

Can anyone help me in this project about getting video directly from camera?

Thanks

Then select a CCD Video Cam which provides a live and continuous composite video output which will be the input for your real-time video processing unit.

Hi,
Most digital cameras have "webcam" mode, which provide real-time USB transfer. I suppose there are some tools from grabbing the USB-transferred image

I think that windows has its own drivers that can be used to communicate with web cameras. Or if you have drivers from manufacturer than you can ask them how to get picture from the camera using their drivers.
Simce

When you installed the webcam it should have installed drivers and software. If you have not been able to record a videofile from the software try installing a video capture editing software such as ulead video studio . This should give you the option to record from your webcam

Barrybear

Try using adobe premiere it is a good capturing software I think it can be used with a web cam
But i am sure that it can be used with a digicam using the IEEE 1394 port in the new motherboards

I have installed the driver and software of the webcam and also I can capture images and store video in avi format.

But for real-time processing I want to capture, process and display the video, frame by frame, at real-time. For this purpose I have to communicate with the camera. This communication may be through webcam software or through the algorithm which I have to design and develop. If I know where the webcam software is storing these frames before displaying it in its environment then I can use these frames for processing. Has anyone faced the same problem?

Can anyone provide some useful material for this purpose?

Take a look at virtualvcr project

http://virtualvcr.sourceforge.net/

it has full source code which can show you how to do it. This works under windows.

Also the ffmpeg project does the same though mainly under linux, but the site claims that it works under windows.
http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php
It also have full source code.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Oriki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back