Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting Started with Encounter and TSMC 65 nm DK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deka87

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good Morning to everybody.

I'm training to understand the Back-end process of digital implementation using Encounter.

In order to understand the design flow, I'm training to implements a simple verilog code. But I've a problem, when I want to P&R core, based on two only standard cell, and the connection to IO PAD.

I've created a Verilog file (chip.v) in which there are the PAD name modules (provided by the foundry) and the name of the input ports and ouput ports of the core.

When I've imported the design in encounter, (using verilog of the chip, standard cell lef file, pad lef file and ioc constrain). The output and input of the core block are connected to a triangle pins and,while, they aren't connected to the pad.

Is there any one can help me?

do you have any .io file from fab/design ? this file help to solve the issue.

or you can edit pin and connectivity information from encounter itself.( edit -> pin editor)

I haven't any .io files from foundry. I'll tray to edit pin by pin editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back