Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting data string to serial port of PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihirtronics

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,

I seek help from you regarding a module in my project. What this module demands, is that I write a code/program as an application under any language (C,C++ preferred, but any other will also be equally acceptable), and extract that string from the PC's port to a µC.

Now this code/program has to extract the time which is normally displayed as the system clock in our PCs, and send this time automatically to the PC's port every 60 seconds.

From the PC's port I intend to take it to an interfaced µC.

I would be grateful if anyone could send that piece of code required to carry out the desired action. Thank u.

please guys, help me on this.
With great expectations,
Mihir

hey im confused about ur question..explain it more clearly so dat we can solve it:|

Use VB, its the easiest, make a project , add timer and MSComm control. Set your VB timer to 60 seconds then get system time using Time function then send to serial port . On uc set your baud rate matching yuor pc

@penoy

Do i need to do programming/coding to achieve the desired result in VB? or is it just 'follow-the-steps' kind of procedure?
If it is so? could you tell me the steps in more detail??

Both, after doing the right procedures in setting up controls you have to put code in them to send the data the way you want, visit some sites offering tutorials on serial port interfacing with VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back