Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting 19V 4A from car battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
19v battery

Is it possible to get 19V @ 4A from car cigar lighter or 13,8V? I will use this to power and charge my notebook inside my car.

Regards,

Fernando

build laptop power supply 19v circuit

may be i will build it also as soon as you get the help here

19v 4a

19V @4 Amps ...IT SOUNDS like a LAPTOP power Supply! . In any case ..You should be able to buy one with a 220v or 110V input depending where you live .Now to convert from 12 V DC to 110 or 220V AC.You need a Voltage inverter .any small one will do ! ( you only 100 watts)..
This is the cheapest solution .Now to design a straight 13.5 V to 19 Volt .This requires Knowledge in the switching power supply design .It is not a simple design that you should not even consider!

You could also use 3X 6 V batteries ~18V (close enough) and do some wiring( 1) position it puts all the batteries en parallel and you can charge them .(2) setting connects the batteries in series .and you get your 18v. .
Now is a matter of designing a simple 6 v charger with 12V input ..Simple !

19 v battery

Hello!

Designing a power supply is not necessary difficult as there are already many
reference designs. I usually take a reference design as is, from linear technology,
dallas semiconductor, etc...
I don't think there is a single chip solution for that power, but a plain switching
chip with external coil and mosfet will do what you want.

As for the other solutions: using a 12->100V and a 100 -> 19V is a solution,
but I am sure there are existing solutions. After all, charging a PC from a car
is a very common problem, and there are certainly chargers.

Beside this, charging a 12V battery and a 6 V battery associated serially can
be tricky. If the 12V battery is connected to the ground, then the 6V battery's
minus will be connected to the + of the 12 V battery. Therefore you will need
some insulation because the grounds are not common.

Dora.

eltonjohn said:
19V @4 Amps ...IT SOUNDS like a LAPTOP power Supply! . In any case ..You should be able to buy one with a 220v or 110V input depending where you live .Now to convert from 12 V DC to 110 or 220V AC.You need a Voltage inverter .any small one will do ! ( you only 100 watts)..
This is the cheapest solution .Now to design a straight 13.5 V to 19 Volt .This requires Knowledge in the switching power supply design .It is not a simple design that you should not even consider!

You could also use 3X 6 V batteries ~18V (close enough) and do some wiring( 1) position it puts all the batteries en parallel and you can charge them .(2) setting connects the batteries in series .and you get your 18v. .
Now is a matter of designing a simple 6 v charger with 12V input ..Simple !

19v 100w switching power supply schematic

The suggestion for a BUCK converter is a good ONE .Is relatively simple .The only thing is you better be shure that the oscillator works good before applying power to the COIL (disconnect the mosfets gates by grounding them ) .Otherwise if the oscillator is not working and the mosfets are ON .The will go up in smoke !!!!.And they are pricy !

19 v batterys

Yes...it is possible. two articles regarding the same, have already published one each in Elektor and EPE. Good luck

car charger laptop 19v 4a

Hi Pranam,

Very thank you for the tip. can you inform the number of Elektor or article's number?

Regards,

Fernando

how sells the cheapest 18v battery chargers

Articles are published in Elektor in Jan 2006 and EPE in May 2004. Hope it helps you. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back