Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

get started with pic programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

bipinskl

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear sir/madam,
I want to get start with pic programming but is unable to understand from where to start, how to couple various files in a s/w, how to interlink various s/w.

I shall be highly obliged if u can help me in any respect regarding above issues.

with regards
BIPIN SHUKLA

I think you should download a compiler. They have plenty of working examples.
In addition, you need to learn some C and Assembly of PIC.
Build a PIC based circuit.
Get a programmer.
It will take some time to get hands on PIC, but easy to do as a self study.
--
Amr

Hi,

First of all you should decide which compiler you want to use, then you should learn C or Assembly based on selection of your compiler. Once you have compiler and IDE installed in your pc, you can have a number of examples.

For hardware part, select a microcontroller from which you can get at least some peripherals to learn and it should not also be of higher end that makes it hard to understand. Build small circuit. Get a programmer for the controller you have chosen and start working on it.

You will definately enjoy the architecture and development of PIC.

NIKS

As Chanchal chauhan has said, Hi tech c compiler is easy to use. Even I am doing my all PIC based development using this compiler.

NIKS

Status
Not open for further replies.