Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Get a DS89C450 running...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ds89c450 output current

Apoxioman said:
You're right GLENJOY... it's A2
I will change it (Xtal).
Do you thing it is possible to implement PCI v2.2 with DS89 ? :)
I need 16,75 Mhz clock for RTL8139 , which I think to get directly from Xtal, and... very very optimized source
I get this MCU because of "instruction/cycle" time ability

IS it written on the Ultra High Speed Guide what is the Maximum clock supported by the DS89C420 or the DS89 series? using higher frequencies means higher current consumption so do check your regulator if it can support that also, I am using LM1084 series, before I was using LM2940 and even LM78XX series, but problem is they can provide only minimal currents, but I think mCU consumption will not reach 1A but I used the LM1084 series for compensations (quite overkill). :)

ds89c450 74hc125

There is something wrong...
here -> **broken link removed**
The example with 11,0592 Mhz - baud rate is 9600, and its wrong because
9600 = 11059200 / 192*6 // 6 is FF-F9, but "F9" is not one of values!

** Timer reload values attempted by the loader: FF, FE, FD, FC, FB, FA, F8, F6, F5, F4, F3, F0, EC, EA, E8, E6, E0, DD, D8, D4, D0,
CC, C0, BA, B0, A8, A0, 98, 80, 60, 40

What is wrong ?
User Guide says with 11,0592 - possible rates are 57600,28800,19200 and 4800 I think (TimerReload = 12), but not 9600!

So if it works on 9600 I'm not surprised that it dont works with 18.432 and 7.3728 Mhz (these are crystals that I try)

19200 9600 baudios xtal 8mhz

Do you know how to read? Read Secure Guide Page 19. Another read the Ultra High Speed User Guide, you crystal is not listed therefore it is not assured that it will work with that frequency, another check the note written below it.

============================================
Note: Only a few possible timer reload/PC UART reload values are shown per crystal frequency. This table, by no means, is an exhaustive list of acceptable configurations
for each crystal frequency, nor should it be considered a list of the allowable crystal frequencies.
============================================

linux programmer for 89c400

I think newbies must not always argue with some people teaching him, it always pays to ask nicely.

ds89c450 baud

Btw, why include 9600 here if not supported by the baud? 1.84320 FF 9600 0.0 9600 12

get ds89c450 run

FF is supported, as youc an see, the ROMM Loader baud rate is constant and once that it is detected as 9600, the reload value of FF will be for the 9600.

Why can't accept your system ain't working?

hyper terminal for ds89c4x0

I'm trying to find my mistake...

Before DTR signal on rs232 I have PSEN=1, RST=1 and EA=1
After DTR asserted -> PSEN=0, RST=1, EA=0

Crystal is 18 432 000 Hz , matching baud rates 19200 (TR=5) and 9600 (TR=10)

Sorry that I'm angry :) I lose my patience...

Is it normal that RST is high all the time?

ds89c450 runing

Study the diagram on the Secure Guide or the circuit on the site.

ds89c420 4x/2x

Thank you GLENJOY
Now it works fine...

programmer ds89c450

Apoxioman said:
Thank you GLENJOY
Now it works fine...

You're welcome, so same crystal you used? Maybe you can post here the things you;ve done for the benefit of us members in the forum.

ds89c420 clock multiplier

Glenjoy, Could you tell us the benefits of this mcu please? I have these devices but i have no idea what it can do? I only use Pic family and rarely avr.

Thanks in advance

Analyzer

ds89c450 rgmd

Benefits? I haven't really practiced on other micros aside from 8051 so really can't give the comparison, what I like about the Maxim/Dallas micros are their Boot Loaders.

They can be attached with the HyperTerminal and download the HEX file without really having trouble of making a high voltage programmer (connecting it to parallel port).

The programmer on the link is an interface board also, so you can use the programmer on breadboard while prototyping or use the board on your real apps.

ds80c400

Because...

"Only a few possible timer reload/PC UART reload values are shown per crystal."
Ultra-High-Speed Flash Microcontroller User's Guide (page 130)

I wrote a simple program for calculating all possible baudrates
for crystals 1.00 - 33.00 MHz with error < 3%.

For example, my configuration... 30 MHz @ 38400 or 10 MHz @ 12800
works without any problem in Uart/Loader comunication.
MKT 2.0.12 Beta from Dallas works just fine.

DS89c4x0 works with any crystal < 33 Mhz.
If you have problems, try lower baudrates.

josiphal

pic 18.432mhz circuit layout

For those who need some additional help according to the baud-matching-problem (if it is even one) ive designed a little xls-tool.

Just set the xtal-fq and you get the matching (+/- 3%, acc. to the datasheet) baudrates.

Ive attached it - if someone needs it, its for free! ;-)

daniel

ds89c450 with 74ls125

GLENJOY
about my old problem..
Osc. is the same - 18.432 MHz, 9600 speed
the mistake was in my circuit board

ds89c450 delay

Apoxioman said:
GLENJOY
about my old problem..
Osc. is the same - 18.432 MHz, 9600 speed
the mistake was in my circuit board

You've alreadfy corrected it?

example circuit microcontroller ds89c450

glenjoy said:
Benefits? I haven't really practiced on other micros aside from 8051 so really can't give the comparison, what I like about the Maxim/Dallas micros are their Boot Loaders.

They can be attached with the HyperTerminal and download the HEX file without really having trouble of making a high voltage programmer (connecting it to parallel port).

The programmer on the link is an interface board also, so you can use the programmer on breadboard while prototyping or use the board on your real apps.

can i use the circuit for isp programming?

ds89c450 74hc125 maxim

Hi All,
I just enrty the bootloader of DS80c400 :)

Regards Dallas Semiconductors!

maxim ds89 boot loader

What are these for? I thought you've got the bootstrap loader of the said micros.

It's a network microcontroller,
with TCP v4/6 stack.. I'll try to connect it to a switch controller PHY mode
But it use external flash memory, that was difficulty...

Status
Not open for further replies.