Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gerber files are shown to me (ADS) as aligned but they are not received as aligned

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandLack

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
please help me to solve this problem. I've also contacted the manufacturer, but I've received no response. I've viewed with all the tools from ADS, and the structure is aligned; but when I upload it on eurocircuits, my "holes" file is always shifted by (about) 1mm on the right (and something less upward). Can you guys control it? I don't know any other design tool than ADS, and my time is very short. I'm attaching the files, please can you control if there is some problems with my tools or it is eurocircuit computer's fault? Thank you,

Best Regards,
LandLack

p.s. Some internet posts hint that the "holes file" has somehow changed the offsets; can someone tell me how to easily change these offsets to align everything perfectly?

p.s.2 Here (**broken link removed**),
one Rule 10 it is said to design the board outline for each layer; does this mean that I need to make a line with "hole" with the same shape as the "mechanical" (the biggest one) layer?

Attachments

• Label Generator.rar
    212.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

I tried to see your file with the free tool "gerbv" and seems to me correctly aligned. You can download it and see by yourself.
In my opinion rule 10 means that you have to provide each layer with the outline (in your case the rectangular border) so that in case of misalignement they (eurocircuit) can correct the problem. However I never used a PCB service then I'm not sure.

They are aligned so no need to offset them. I would, however, put the board outline (a thin line showing the boarder of the board) on all layers so the fab house can use it to align files if they need to.

Both the hole.gbr and hole.drl files contain exactly the same 3075 holes of the same size and scanning through all the locations are identical so there is no offset in the drill file data. All files import into ADS and appear to be aligned perfectly.

The only issue I see is that the hole.gbr file is in 6.6 format with leading zero suppression in metric units. The drill file also says in the header that it is also metric units with format "6.6, Leading Zeros Suppressed" but looking at the data it appears to be metric with 6.6 format without Leading Zero Suppression. All coordinate locations are 10 digit numbers with leading zeros, so more like 6.4 format. Don't know if this is misleading for your manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back