Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Genius G540 programmer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejz_08

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a begginer for programming a PIC Micro. I have a Genius G540 Programmer and PIC 16f84A. The problem is I dont know where I will start my study. When I open the software it shows me hex files to load. I have experience in programming such as Visual basic and C++, how can I use it in this stuff. But ofcourse, I want to learn also its own software..
Please help me on this one. if you have an example or a pdf tutorial on how to use this is a very big help..
Thanks and have a nice day.....

First you have learn C programming for PIC then after writing the code you have to compile and generate HEX files which is actually machine code for that PIC(MCU).
Now this machine code file or HEX file you have to write/burn/download in to your chip with programmer and its software.
and then you can run your program

**broken link removed**
PIC Tutorial pages.

after reading the PIC tutorial, I found out that i can understand the Assembly language. please can you give me a name of assembly language and its compatible compiler that i can use to program the pic.
I also read in one thread that MPLAB IDE is good. can i use it? is it compatible with my genius g540 programmer?

thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.