Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Genesys against MW office

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartem

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wolud like to know which sofware is better for RF design and what is the diference between them: Genesys or MWoffice.

Hi,

I during my study was working on AWR (MW) after study at the first job they have Genesys.
And know I again using AWR.

My opinion genesys have syntesis: it's mean for example you want to design filter,
so you must to know how to start, what order, what method ...
AWR for my opinion is for rf engineer much more experienced.

And of course I must tell that Genesys interface much much easy then AWR.

Finally if put on the table: ADS the best, AWR and Genesys the same ...

Regards
David D.

Having used all three, starting from Eagleware (old Genesys) in 1992 (back when it was $995 on 5 1/4" floppies), to Series IV in 1994 and then ADS, and finally MWO, I like MWO much more than Genesys, and definetly more than ADS. I traded in my copy of Genesys for MWO; my personal copy which I kept upgraded since 92.

The layout editor in MWO is much more capable then Genesys. You can use it for two layer PCBs all the way to RFICs. MWO does now have filter synthesis and it works well (I have built two so far into products). I prefer the interface for MWO. Genesys looks similar but it's not. I'm sure you'll find lots of debate on this forum as to which simulator is better. Just download the 30 day demo for MWO and decide for yourself by working through the getting started manual.

Dear,

in My opinion MWOFFICE is much more easier than other applications,but for performance & accuracy i think ADS from Agilent & Ansoft Designer are better.
(Ansoft designer is also easy touse)

Good Luck.

i have used @DS to design amplifiers filters , for my studies , and the measurmnts were veru close to simulation

about the acurracy it depend more on models , but @DS very accurate

khouly

Thanks David. Can I download some evaluation version of ADS - it si Agilent producat , isn'i it?

What exectly do you need?
Maybe I have it?
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back