Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generation of 1 mV pulse for calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagarpm

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to generate a 1 mV pulse for feeding as calibration signal to a data acquisition path. Generating higher level pulse ( like 1V) and attenuating using resistor network was giving lot of noise. Any suggestions on this. Pulse width is not significant, you can take it as 200 ms.

Sagar

What about using a capacitve potential divider?
but in this case you must asure that the caps are initially discharged when the circuit power-up.

Something does not seem right. You should not get any noise from taking a high level signal and attenuating it.

I suggest that you track down the source of noise. Feed your circuit from an ordinary metal film resistor and see what types of noise you get.

In your divider, did you use the lowest resistance values that would not load down the original high level signal?

There is the possibility that your measurement system has a bandwidth that is much larger than you need. Do the calculations and limit the bandwidth as much as possible without damaging the signal you intend to measure.

I think 1mv pulse is too small that is flood by noise. perhaps a new calibration way need be study. Otherwise a active attenuation is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back