Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generating patterns without scan chain in TetraMax

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinutha_kr

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi..
i am trying to find the coverage of a external pattern..
i want to know if it is possble to estimate the coverage of a ckt in TetraMax which does not have scan chain..pls tell me the step by step procedure..if there isn't, is there any other tool i can use?my ckt has 42 flops..

Yes you can run a fault grading simulation using Tetramax and a functional wgl pattern. Although Synopsys doesn't recommend this, as this isn't what tmax was designed for, but it is possible.

i know that fault grading is possible for external patterns..my question is, is it possible for a ckt which does not have scan chain?
i have tried doing it, but no patterns were generated..the .wgl file had only "pattern 0" and "end"..
is there some method to generate patterns for non scan-chain designs?

So you want to generate patterns via tmax, on a design that doesn't contain a scan chain? If so, then no.

ok..
i have the netlist and the protocol file of my design without the scan chain..i also have the patterns..if i use these files in tetramax to find the coverage in the full sequential mode, will it work?

I'm not sure what you're asking.
Are you trying to generate patterns?
Or are you trying to find a fault coverage given an already existing pattern?

i am trying to find the fault coverage of a already exsisting pattern..

Added after 6 minutes:

i want to find the fault coverage of the alredy exsisting patterns(which donot include scan input) on a ckt that does not have scan chain..but from what a know, it is not possible to find the fault coverage in tetramax without a scan-chain..so, is it possible for me to use the the patterns i have and map them to the "_pi" input and not use the scan input/output(test_si/test_so) at all?
will the coverage i get from such a simulation be correct?

You don't need to do this mapping. Like I stated my first post Tetramax has the functionality of being a fault grading simulator.
There is a whole chapter in the tmax user guide, titled "Fault Simulation" that explains the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back