Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating gerber files - Apertures missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingv

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
aperture gerber

Hello everyone, my name es Victor and I'm from Venezuela. I just registered in the forum. :D

I'm writing you beacuse I'm trying to generate the gerber files using Cadsoft Eagle 4.16r2 and the "GERBER" device, but it keeps saying "APERTURES MISSING - NO PLOTFILE HAS BEEN PRODUCED". This is the first time that I'm going to generate these files and I have no idea how to solve this problem. I would appreciate any help.

Hope to be able to help you some time.

Thanks in advance,
Victor

eagle generate multilayer gerber file

Hello,

I'm not particular familiar with eagle, but with most cad systems, the postprocessor does not automatically generate the necessary apertures. You must first issue a command like "check for missing apertures" or "generate apertures". After that step, the gerber files can be produced.

This is cause old style photo plotters had an aperture wheel with certain well-defined apertures, but had been unable to use arbitrary apertures as todays laser plotter. With these old devices, you had to load an aperture definition from the PCB manufacturer and take care, that no unknown apertures would be used.

Regards,
Frank

gerber apertures

Thanks for you reply FvM.

The problem as I understand, is exactly when Eagle is generating the aperture configuration file. I was reading around and maybe it could be some "figure" on the PCB that is causing that? but if it is, I don't know how to determine which one is the problem.

Victor

gerber files using eagle

hello dear
i m from india i m not using such tool for designing but ultimately every tool generete gerber files for plotting when u r creating gerber i think u r missing to select any perticular option so check carefully to select option "create gerber" then ur tool load aperture automatically . because for plotting tool loads shapes for every traces,fills,pads,arcs etc which we r using to complete our pcb layout so ur tool r not creating proper shape for any one of them i think u understand what i would like to tell u.

good by

how to generate gerber files

when you use cam processor, you must choose 'gerb274x'.
when you choose 'gerber', the aperture will separate as a single file with a function 'Generate a wheel file'.

if you still can't solve this problem please upload you brd file to this topic, i can help you export gerber files with aperture.

hyoree

gerber aperture definition

I also have similar problem when I try generate gerber files using gerber.cam for multilayer board. I added new sections for inner layer, silk screen and cream frame in gerber.cam job.

I try your suggestion and it worked.Thanks...:D

where can I find the aperture files? i'm using Eagle 4.13 to generate and Viewmate as my gerber viewer

missing apertures

With X274 you don't need aperture files, cause aperture description is embedded into the gerber file. With any modern raster photoplotter, you don't have to care for apertures, just let the CAD system generate any necessary aperture. But cause you may have an old-fashion aperture wheel vector plotter, it doesn't perform this step automaticly, to let you the option to load an aperture file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back