Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generating clock signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifre

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, how do you generate clock signal with crystal?
could you point me to some online resources for generating clock signal with crystal? any part numbers?

Just use an inverter, a crystal and two capacitors. Most of the microcontrollers and DSPs on the market generate their clock signal that way. Attached is an application note from Microchip's Web site (AN588). It shows you the basic circuit, which uses an inverter internal to the microcontroller (figure 9), but you can implement this circuit using a discrete inverter. It works very well.
If you want you can also use a transistor based circuit but that is more complicated.

Lucifre said:
Hi, how do you generate clock signal with crystal?
could you point me to some online resources for generating clock signal with crystal? any part numbers?

Hi,
Please take this.

Attachments

• circuits_8266.pdf
    147.6 KB · Views: 55

why dont u refer to Mazzidi - 8051 Microcontroller.. It has a neat interfacing ckt wit a crystal...

IF u need accurate 1 HZ clk then u can find a module inside any battery opearted table clk. U may collect them from junk. I am using it and does not need any calibration....

A cristal + an appropiate circuitery for signal stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.