Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating an accurate 3-phase sine wave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehdi1357

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all
I want to generate an accurate 3-phase sine wave with 16Khz & 15V amplitude.
please give me an idea to generate it.

thanks you for your viewpoints.

Accuracy is relative, would be better to have a specification (frequency, amplitude, phase, distortion). You can generate it analog or digitally. For digital generation, single chip DDS could be used.

An analog generator could be made from two integrators ("state variable filter/oscillator") and an amplitude stabilizer, directly producing 90° phase shifted quadrature components. Three-phase signal can be obtained from linear combination of quadrature components, or by phase shifter.

P.S.: Please delete your manifold cross-postings

DDS is suited for this application. Since the frequency is quite low, you can use a 3 channel software DDS implemented with a microcontroller. To get pure signals u can use 3 LPF at each output. The phase difference would still be 120deg.

I appreciate you for your viewpoints.
Yes,DDS is a suitable method.
I want to use AD9834 in my project.
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back