Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating a new .sdb file for the 45-nm library

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer2k1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My group is trying to make the move from 90 to 45 nm. I downloaded the 45-nm library files from Synopsys SolvNet, but I'm missing a .sdb file. I believe this is a Synopsys-specific symbol library, is that correct? Is there a way to generate this file from other .db files?

sdb slib synopsys library

its stands for standard database file it depends upon the technology. and usually given by the EDA tool vendor

Re: Missing .sdb file

Here is a part of the .tcl script we use for our 90-nm flow:

set LIB_ARTISAN "tcbn90ghptc.db tcbn90ghpwc.db"
set LIB_PDB "tcbn90ghp_9lmT2.pdb"
set symbol_library {"tsmc90ghp.sdb"}
set target_library $LIB_ARTISAN
set physical_library $LIB_PDB
set link_library "$LIB_ARTISAN *"

In the Design Compiler user guide I was reading that .sdb is a "symbol library" file. Am I confusing two things that happen to both be .sdb?

In the files we downloaded from SolvNet, neither the new 45-nm files nor the old 90-nm files contain a .sdb file, so my guess was that someone generated it for 90 after downloading the tar file from SolvNet. Has anyone done this?

sorry its not file is a format .sdb is standard database format and used for symbol libraries.

try reading the tsmc90ghp.sdb in the dc shell may be it could help

homer2k1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Missing .sdb file

.sdb files are used to store the symbol in synopsys .db format.
I am not sure that whether they can be generated from .v file or not.
you can try following steps:
if you have .slib file then just read in in to DC using read_lib ".slib file name"
And then use wrte_lib -format db "fou ptu file name"
This set of script works for generating .db files from any verilog or VHDL format.

Reading suggestion: please go through "SolvNet" or Manual dcug.pdf
Please post your results.

good luck
Jaynarayan...

homer2k1

you really need this one? as far as I know, some design don't need!

Missing .sdb file

This .sdb file is needed for generating graphical view of synthesized circuit. It is really not much essential for any other purpose other than visual display of circuit in DC window.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.
JaY .........

homer2k1

.sdb does appear to be just a symbol library for graphical schematics, and is definitely not required for my design. I would like to follow up with trying to generate the new .sdb file for the 45-nm library, but I'm currently busy with higher priorities. If someone else is successful at doing this, please let us know how it goes.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back